The aim of the website is to provide information on the common conditions that affect the knee, foot and ankle and sports injury of the lower limb. It is mainly intended for patients to help choose between non surgical and surgical (operation) treatment.
The content of the site is provided by our team of expert consultant orthopaedic surgeons, physicians and other specialist in the respective areas.
We can provide further information and advice and would welcome feedback on this website.
Dr Pradeep Moonot - Orthopaedic Surgeon
Specialist in knee, foot and ankle and Sports Medicine
MBBS (Bom), MS (Orth)(Bom), DNB (Orth), MRCS (UK), FRCS (Orth)(UK)
Dr Pradeep Moonot is the only knee, foot and ankle surgeon in India, who has been practicing in UK for more than 10 years and recently moved to Mumbai. His specialist area of interest is surgery of the knee and sports medicine, including primary and revision joint replacement and foot and ankle surgery. He is well known for being the only dedicated knee, foot and ankle specialist in the country His particular interests are ligament reconstruction and arthroscopic surgery, revision knee surgery and complex fractures and trauma of the knee joint.
Dr. Moonot is an Orthopaedic surgeon in Mumbai at P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and Research Centre, Mahim. He has more than 15 years of clinical and research experience in orthopaedics in both UK and India.
- Foot and Ankle disorders
- Sports medicine injuries of leg
- Ankle and Knee arthroscopy and Meniscal repair
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Complex knee ligament repair and reconstruction
- Corrective Osteotomy of knee
- Total and partial Knee replacement
- Revision Knee replacement
- Complex knee and foot trauma reconstruction
As a specialist in foot, ankle and knee surgery he treats the following conditions
- Foot disorders like bunion, claw toes, stiff and painful toes, metatarsalgia, Morton’s neuroma, arthritis in foot, Heel pain, plantar fascitis, flat foot and fractures.
- Ankle disorders like ligament sprains and instability, osteochondral lesions, arthroscopy, arthritis and complex fractures.
- Knee conditions like chondromalacia, anterior knee pain and patella tendonitis and treatment with platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Arthroscopy of knee for meniscal tears and Meniscal repair
- Arthroscopic anterior and posterior cruciate (ACL and PCL) ligament reconstruction and ligament reconstruction of complex knee injuries
- After doing super speciality training in a centre with the largest number of knee replacements in UK, he has a keen interest in treating early knee arthritis by joint preservation techniques with cartilage regeneration techniques using microfracture, OATS, ACI, viscosupplementation and stem cell therapy.
- He also has vast experience in partial, total and revision knee replacement.
- Involved in more than 1000 joint replacements including partial knee replacements
- Fellowship trained in Knee, Hip and Foot and Ankle at world leading centres
- Worked with pioneers of knee replacement like Professor Michael Freeman
- Collaborated the development of a new knee replacement and on the panel for another knee design
- Faculty member on various courses and conferences for knee replacement
- Trained at leading orthopaedic centres like UCLH, London and centres with largest number of joint replacement in UK
- More than 50 international and national publications and presentations
- Editorial board of various orthopaedic journals
- AO Trauma Fellowship with Prof. Alonso - Birmingham, USA
- Research projects at University of Florida – USA looking at the movement of knee replacement with the help of xrays
- Set up multiple research projects with Pfizer, Bayer, Depuy and Smith & Nephew
- MD (Research) at University at London
- Silver medal in MS (ORTHO) - University of Mumbai
- First class throughout MBBS
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Surgery of Knee
- General Medical Council
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- In-vivo kinematics comparing conventional vs anatomical single bundle ACL reconstruction.
- MD (Res) thesis - ‘In vivo kinematic analysis of medial rotation knee replacement’.
- Four multicentre clinical surveillance studies of hip and knee implants
- ‘Complex Dorsal Metacarpophalangeal Joint Dislocation’ - Research project for dissertation for the MS (Orth) degree